- In an attempt to refute the news of her visit to Afghanistan without valid travel documents, Ayesha Siddiqa herself verifies the fact.
When was Ayesha Siddiqa Invited
- As per the invitation letter from Afghan Institute for Strategic Studies, she was extended the invitation on 20 June 2016 to attend Herat Security Dialogue .
- The conference was scheduled to be held on 14-15 October 2016.
- Ayesha Siddiqa arrived in Afghanistan on 12 October 2016.
- She had almost 4 months to get her visa from Afghan Embassy Islamabad, which for unknown reasons she did not.
Afghan Visas are Issued from Afghanistan Embassies
- As per the policy of Afghan Foreign Ministry, all types of visas for Afghanistan are issued by Afghan missions (embassies) abroad.
When was Her Visa Issued
- Visa to enter Afghanistan was issued to Ayesha Siddiqa by Afghan Ministry of Interior on arrival (12 October 2016).
- This clearly depicts that in violation of the Afghan visa policy, she did not get the visa from Afghanistan Embassy in Pakistan.
- This also verifies that the claim of her traveling to Afghanistan without requisite documents is also correct.
- A copy of her Afghanistan visa is shown below, which was also tweeted by her:
- The tweet has been archived here, just in case Ms Ayesha Siddiqa decides to go into damage control mode.