- Islamabad High Court’s Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui, a former president of the Rawalpindi Bar who openly celebrated Gov Salman Taseer’s murder in 2011, revoked Pervez Musharraf’s bail that was properly granted earlier by Justice Mushir Alam, a’ Sindh High Court judge in Karachi.
He is a Molvi Abdul Aziz Supporter
- As an attorney in 2007, Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui represented and helped bail out Maulana Abdul Aziz who was charged in multiple cases in connection with the Lal Masjid standoff.
His PML-N Connection
- Another credit of Justice Shoukat Saddiqui is that he is real brother of Irfan Siddiqui media advisor of P.M.
- On the instructions of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Justice Shaukat Siddiqui was allotted House No 91-H in Sector F/6-3 of Islamabad. After sometime, the judge used his connections to find a better place to live, and got allotted House No 1-A, in Sector F/7-3. However, the honorable judge was not satisfied even with that house and his private secretary wrote a letter to the department concerned demanding change of residence for the third time. Eventually, he got House No 2-A in Sector F/7-4.
- The house needed repair and renovation. On the insistence of Justice Siddiqui, the renovation work was carried out by the CDA, which cost the national exchequer more than Rs 12 million:
- Rs 372,000/- were spent on the paint work of the house.
- Electrical job was completed with the cost of 1.7 million.
- Revamping of eight bathrooms cost Rs 0.9 million whereas the decoration of kitchen took Rs 163,000/-.
- Two main gates of the house were changed with the cost of Rs 126,000/-.
- In addition to this, the old windows of the house were replaced with aluminum windows and Rs 770,000/- were spent on this count.
- A sum of Rs 275,000/- was spent on the driveway of the house.
- In the parking porch, cement tiles were fixed with a sum of Rs 190,000/-.
- The store room of the house was merged into kitchen on which Rs 250,000/- were spent.
- Rs 555,000/- were utilized on the tiles that were fixed on the roof of the house.
- The six doors of the house were covered with metal net on which Rs 226,000/- were spent.
- Height of the walls his house was increased and security wire was installed on it with a total cost of Rs 437,000/-.
- False ceiling and fixing of marble in drawing room was completed with the total cost of Rs 111,000/-.
His Final Launch against Dharna 2.0
- The IHC bench was hearing four petitions filed for restraining the PTI from holding a sit-in on November 2nd 2016. Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui while hearing the petitions remarked that “it appears from Imran Khan’s statements that he wanted to paralyze the government and Nov 2 sit-in is not just a protest rally”.
- He has also summoned Imran Khan on 31 October 2016 to explain his intentions to IHC.
- This clearly shows that PML N has launched this judge to rescue them from Dharna 2.0.