Why are the Players doing Pushups
- Pakistani cricket players were imparted physical training by the Army in May 2016.
- After making a century against England in the subsequent tournament, captain Misbah ul Haq did pushups to pay tribute to the training.
- Since then the pushups have been symbolized by the team as a celebratory gesture after their wins.
Why PML-N Banned the Pushups
- PML-N has recently been not too happy of Pakistan Army’s growing popularity.
- Cricketers’ pushups are being seen by PML-N as an image-boosting symbol for the Army.
- To malign Army’s image, several moves including the feeding of concocted stories in newspapers, have been carried out by PML-N.
- In the same context, PCB has now banned celebrations in the form of pushups for the Pakistani cricket players.
- Twitterati is taking the ban as yet another poof of PML-N’s malafide intentions for the Army: