- Currently ruling political party PML-N, at the behest of its leader Nawaz Sharif, had attacked Supreme Court of Pakistan on 30 November 1997.
- The attack was carried out because the then Chief Justice had criticized the way Nawaz Sharif was running the country.
Why it Appears the Time to Attack Now
- Chief Justice of Pakistan has once again severely criticized the Nawaz government.
- After maligning the military by planting stories in the media, Nawaz Sharif is expected to launch an onslaught on the judiciary.
- Though it will be a highly unwise thing to do
What has Chief Justice Said Today
- Pakistan’s government is being run as monarchy in the name of democracy.
- Pakistan’s historical monuments are our identity, if people will vote for such kind of people then the monument’s destruction by projects like Orange Line are bound to happen.
- People of Pakistan will now have to stand up for their rights.
- There is bad governance in Pakistan in the name of good governance.
What Nawaz Sharif should do
- Instead of attacking the supreme court once again, Nawaz Sharif needs to focus on improving his governance.
- Although incapable of doing so, it is expected that he will continue taking extreme steps.
- Continuing his current approach towards governing the country, he will probably be losing the mandate he claims to have achieved in 2013 elections.